Top 10s: Favorite Beaches
While compiling this list I didn’t just look at how clear the water was or how soft the sand felt between your toes, but the overall experience that was had. I will look at these ten pictures for the rest of my life and a smile will come to my face. These are some of my favorite places on earth and I hope one day you too will be able to smile at the experience you had there.
10. Shores of Lake Malawi, Malawi: In the middle of Sub-Saharan African you will find this landlocked oasis. Beach soccer and volleyball, white-sand, clear water, SCUBA, dreadlocks and sexy dancing, why did we leave?
9. Primosten, Croatia: We stumbled on this place because we needed a place to stay for one night before our sailing trip that started in Split. The 16th century town, the nineteen ice cream shops, and overall ambience was sublime.
8. Muizenberg (Cape Town), South Africa: We stayed at Stoked, while enjoying this little town that is a surfer’s haven and a stone’s throw from Cape Town. Temperatures are cold and there might be sharks, but besides that, it is awesome 🙂
7. Mirissa Beach, Sri Lanka: Good waves (I got crushed), two dollar mojitos and blue whales. Enough said.
6. Trindade, Brazil: A few hours south of Rio, this beach town is the perfect place to chill out before going all out in Rio. Hidden waterholes and beaches, rainforest yoga and massive beach boulders.
5. Zanzibar, Tanzania: After driving through Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania, Zanzibar was a perfect R&R trip. You can’t find more clear water anywhere in the world.
3. Maria Island, Tasmania, Australia: I had never heard of this place but it was a national park on our way back to Hobart so we couldn’t pass it up. It ended up being so great, littered with wallabies, roos and wombats.
2.Komodo Islands, Indonesia: The best and most intense SCUBA I have ever done. You can’t replicate the feeling of flying 10 knots underwater as some of the most healthy and diverse coral reefs pass you by. The sunsets were pretty good, too.